Avocado Eggrolls with Cilantro Dipping Sauce,
Grab. Dip. Bite. Enjoy!
Eggrolls are a huge hit in our house. They are one of my go to foods whenever we have guests over. I love to make different types of eggrolls, from ones that are meat filled to vegetarian varieties. Today’s featured recipe was inspired by one of my favorite dishes from The Cheesecake Factory: avocado eggrolls. While taking a bite one night I thought to myself, “Why haven’t I tried making these myself?” So I did! And they turned out great, better even because I knew exactly what ingredients went into making them!
A great way of getting ideas for foods to make at home is to think of all the things you love to eat at restaurants, and then try to make them yourself. The satisfaction of successfully making a recipe with your own hands in your own kitchen is an awesome feeling, and from a health perspective it’s great because you can choose to use organic, locally grown ingredients compared to having little to no idea what types of ingredients a restaurant uses.
These avocado eggrolls are the perfect side dish for almost any kind of meal, or if you really love them they can be a meal of their own! Foods that don’t need utensils are particularly good for parties or gatherings, hence why these avocado eggrolls are one my go to recipes. Guests love them, I love them, it’s a win-win.
If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think! Leave a comment, and tag @feel_good_fam on Instagram. Thanks!
- 4 large avocados
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes in olive oil chopped
- ¼ cup red onions minced
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¾ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon + ¼ teaspoon lime juice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup olive oil
- 14 egg roll wrappers
For the Cilantro Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup cilantro
- ½ cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Homemade Mayo
- 1 clove garlic (¼ teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoon + ½ tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- For the Cilantro Dipping Sauce: In a blender puree cilantro, yogurt, mayo, garlic, lime, salt, pepper for 1-2 minutes.
For the Avocado Eggrolls:
- In a medium bowl mash avocados with a fork or potato masher. Add the tomatoes, onions, cilantro, salt, pepper, garlic, and lime juice, mix to combine.
- Place avocado mixture evenly in the center of each wrapper.
- Position each wrapper so that one of the corners is facing you.
- Fold the bottom corner over the mixture, and then fold in the sides of the wrapper.
- Roll the wrapper until it is near the top corner.
- Dab the top corner with water then fold it over and press to seal.
- Repeat this process with the remaining wrappers and mixture.
- Pour oil into saucepan over high heat, when oil turns hot lower temperature to medium high and fry egg rolls for about 1 minute on each side.
- Remove each egg roll when done and place on a plate covered with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve with cilantro dipping sauce.