Easy to make, even easier to eat!
You guys, I am super excited to share my einkorn naan recipe with you! If you’ve worked with einkorn before then you know it can be a very finicky flour. After several rounds of trial and error, I finally got this recipe down pat which is why I am so excited to share it. There is nothing quite like the feel and taste of soft, flaky naan fresh out of the oven. Perfect for any meal of the day or even as a snack, naan is a very versatile food. You know what makes it taste even better? That satisfying feeling of knowing that you made it right in your own kitchen!
If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think! Leave a comment, and tag @feel_good_fam on Instagram. Thanks!
- 7 cups einkorn flour (160 grams per 1 cup)
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 ¼ teaspoon active dry yeast
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅔ cup water
- Nigella seeds (optional)
- Spray bottle with water
- In a small bowl add warm water, yeast, and honey give it a stir and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a big mixing bowl add the egg, yogurt, and melted butter. Mix.
- Measure* 7 cups of einkorn flour and sift it into the mixing bowl with your wet ingredients.
- After 10 minutes the yeast should become foamy at the surface. Now combine the yeast mixture into the big mixing bowl with the other ingredients.
- With a big spoon stir for 1 minute by hand*. The dough will be very sticky.*
- Cover with plastic wrap and linen cloth and leave in the oven (make sure its off).
- Let the dough rise for 2 hours, then remove it from the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Sprinkle countertop with flour, turn over dough onto counter and knead, add 1 tablespoon of flour and continue to knead dough until you get a nice pliable dough. Divide dough into 6 piece. Roll out each piece into a flattened circle about ¼ inch thick.
- Sprinkle flour on baking pan place dough on pan, with a fork poke holes all over dough and sprinkle nigella seeds. Spray 3 times with spray bottle, and place into the oven for 7 minutes. At 3 minutes open oven and spray bread another 3 times. Repeat process until all dough has been baked.
*When working with Einkorn flour it is extremely important to weigh your dough which will give good results. If you don’t have a scale you can still make this recipe, just be sure to fluff your flour with a spoon before you scoop it out.
*Einkorn flour is slow to absorb fats and liquids. Your dough will look very sticky, but as it proofs it will absorb the liquid and look smoother the way dough should.