Every time I have made these mini cheesecakes for an event or gathering, they have been a huge hit with guests. But don’t just take my word for it, try them yourself! For this recipe I went with a combination of organic white sugar and coconut sugar because coconut sugar alone has a dominating color to it and I wanted them to look like an original cheesecake. From start to finish the batter will take 10 minutes. The most time-consuming part of the entire process is pressing down the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of each tray cavity. While the cheesecakes are baking you can make the whipped topping and place it in an airtight container and store in the fridge until you are ready to pipe. I like to refrigerate the cheesecakes overnight, and then pipe the next day. These cheesecakes are so rich and flavorful, so melt in your mouth good, before you know it you will have eaten five without even realizing! So give these Mini Cheesecakes a try and be the talk of your next party!
- For Crust:
- 1 ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter melted
- For Filling:
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese+ half of 1 (4oz.)
- ¾ cup of granulated white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of graham cracker crumbs
- For Cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit. Line mini cupcake tray with mini cupcake liners.
- In a medium size bowl mix melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and coconut sugar. Place 2 teaspoons into the bottom of each mini cupcake tray.
- For the filling, in a stand mixer (or mixing bowl) beat the cream cheese, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract on low speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add lemon zest and sour cream and beat until incorporated.
- Fill the mini cupcake liners with 1 tablespoon of batter (or until you have reached the top of the liner) using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours, or preferably overnight.
- For the cream, whisk together sugar, vanilla extract, and whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe swirls and indulge!