A classic treat with a fall twist.
These are scary good!
Ahhh fall, my favorite time of year. The parade of colorful leaves, cooler temps, boot/sweater/scarf season, and best of all, amazing food to eat! The idea for this recipe popped into my head one day after seeing so many pumpkins while out and about. When fall comes around, we tend to go overboard with trying to put pumpkin into everything imaginable. Sometimes it doesn’t work out (pumpkin spice soy milk? I think we’ve gone too far…), but sometimes you discover something new that immediately makes you go “YESSS!!!”
Say hello to Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats!
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ⅛ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 4 cups marshmallows
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Remove moisture from pumpkin.*
- Apply grease to a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a large pot melt the butter and salt on medium low heat; ensure the sides of the pot are buttered.
- Add marshmallows, stirring constantly until the marshmallows have melted completely.
- Add the pumpkin puree*, vanilla extract, and pumpkin spice, then mix well.
- Pour Rice Krispie cereal into the mixture and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Immediately pour coated mixture onto greased 9" x 13" pan, pressing down firmly.
- Cool at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting into pieces.